- 400g green lentils, cooked, drained and slightly crushed
- 100g chickpeas, cooked, drained and slightly crushed
- 80g carrot, finely grated
- 100g celeriac, finely grated
- 80g onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 sprigs Thyme
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 160g roasted butternut squash, slightly crushed
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tsp ground mace
- 2 tsp Cajun spice
- 180g fine breadcrumbs
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 burger baps
- Optional: Sriracha mayo
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. Mould into 6-8 burgers, cover in cling film and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat grill to maximum and brush the burgers with a little oil. Grill for 5-8 minutes until hot throughout.
- Serve with burger baps and add Sriracha mayo as desired.