Brussels Sprouts with Chestnuts and Bacon
- 750g sprouts, trimmed
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 200g vacuum packed chestnuts, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the sprouts in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and put into iced water to cool. Once cooled, drain again then dry thoroughly on kitchen paper.
- Grill the bacon for 5-8 minutes until crispy. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into small pieces.
- Cut the sprouts in half and toss them in the olive oil and season then grill until charred and cooked through.
- Combine the grilled halved sprouts, bacon and chopped chestnuts.