Method (Serves 4)
- In a bowl, combine the mince, with the garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands until completely combined.
- Divide the mixture into 4 balls then press a piece of mozzarella into the centre of each. Shape the meat to cover the cheese and flatten to a burger shape.
- Put the burgers on a plate, cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the grill and cook the burgers for 8-10 minutes depending on their thickness, ensuring that it is cooked through fully.
- Toast the buns on the grill; fill with gherkins, tomatoes and lettuce and finally the burger.
Tip: This recipe works well with cheddar cheese too, but don’t be tempted to overfill the burgers as they may fall apart when you cook them.